dinsdag 11 september 2012

~{-1-}~ Introduction

So here’s a little introduction post. My name is Imke and at the moment I am 22 years old. Yes, I know, classical introduction. I had a blog before, but I kind of forgot about it and was too lazy to update every now and then. So that’s why I decided to start a new one, and I am determined to post more than once a year (like it was last time). I’m going post some things about my daily life, if interested enough. But I will also write about my steps into becoming better at gyaru.

So here goes, a little post about how I became interested in the gyaru lifestyle. I was always a fan of the Japanese culture and started watching anime/reading manga at the age of 13. At a anime convention in 2009 I met a friend who introduced me to the gyarusa Shebooya. I had never heard of gyaru, let alone the gyarusa, so I read about it online and asked around about it. As I learned more and more of it, I got hooked. In 2010 I started experimenting and adding little changes to the way I dressed. A little side note: I never wore any make up before this, so the changes were kind of drastic in my eyes (little did I know then). Anyways, at the end of 2010/beginning of 2011 I started going to meetings of Shebooya. I had never felt so at home and myself before that. I gained a lot of friends and met so many people. I started to wear gyaru inspired outfits, and got more and more excited. I joined Shebooya as a full member, went to international gyaru meetings in Dusseldorf and Oslo. In the beginning of this year I went to Japan for the first time and loved it even more. I can’t wait to go back there again soon. And here I am now. I still have a lot to learn and I am kind of late at starting, but excited nevertheless.

Here’s some pictures of me from this year <3.  









And that’s it for now. I hope to see you guys on my blog again soon!

Love, Imke

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten